26 November 2005

Not quite la vida loca

Wow another day of doing absolutely nothing. I'm bored out of my mind and I want to go back to work. Right now would be good. It's weird how much I hate being at home. I would so much rather be at work. It seems that it is just the opposite when I am at work.

I just can't find anything to entertain myself with. We're out of the academy until Monday for the holiday. Hopefully I get cleared to return to work after the 29th because this is killing me. It's actually quite depressing. Basically all I do is sleep and get up when I have to do something- like use the bathroom. What a boring life to lead. Too bad I really don't have any hobbies because this would be a really good time to catch up on that kind of stuff. If I was smart I would have taken these past several days and gone up north to see my family.

I guess the ride would have taken a toll on my back though, so maybe it wouldn't have been that great after all. It is just over 320 miles from here.

I miss doing my everyday stuff at work even. Stupid things like washing the rig and making it presentable after a bad call. I really miss the calls. I miss the stupid transfers that are so BLS they might as well be medi-car, and I especially miss the good ALS calls where I actually feel like I'm helping someone.

Hopefully soon I will be back to my hectic life. I liked it better that way. No time to sit down, not enough hours in a day or days in a week to get everything done. Crazy, hectic, nonstop...that's how I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click headline for top content from Firehouse.Com
The Web's Community & Resource
for Fire, Rescue, EMS & Safety