23 December 2005

Not Quite Christmas

Holidays-almost over. Yeah! This year they just seem all around disappointing. I'm not excited about them coming, and it always seems to be a let down when they're over with. I just can't win. Maybe next year. We'll see.

The weather has actually been rather nice the past couple of days. It was 41 degrees today. I was asked today whether I still believe in Santa. I thought it was an odd question, but it gave me something to ponder for a while anyways. This time of year used to be so magical-so perfect. There was nothing that could ruin the season. It seems like it was never too cold, there was always snow for Christmas, Santa always brought the right toys, and family was always there.

I guess this is what happens when you grow up. Losing the magic sucks. There is nothing to look forward to in the holidays anymore but too much traffic and too many people in line at the store. Yeah, so if you haven't noticed I'm still kind of "bah humbug" about this whole holiday thing. Things can only get better.

Happy holiday's to all! It's almost Christmas Eve...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click headline for top content from Firehouse.Com
The Web's Community & Resource
for Fire, Rescue, EMS & Safety