03 May 2006

Buzz

I got off this morning at 0800. I headed home to get some stuff done around the apartment before I headed over to the house. I can't believe I only have 19 days left before I have to be out of my apartment. Yikes! I haven't done anything, and the house is nowhere near ready.

I didn't even get to the house until 1100. I didn't want to get too dirty because I thought I had to work at 1700. I spread some grass seed and cleaned up some stuff in the garage. I put the sprinkler out in the yard...yep. That's about it.

My backyard is getting beautiful-there are tons of flowers. The only bad thing is that when you have flowers, you get BEES!!! I am absolutely terrified of bees. I have never been stung before, and I am convinced that I am allergic. I figure since I have asthma and other allergies, there is a really good chance that I'm allergic. Thank God I only live like a block away from the fire house :).

I was standing on the deck in the back when I heard a noise so loud is sounded like a 747 was flying right at me. It was a mutant bumble bee that I swear to God had to have been as big as a bird. Exaggeration, you ask? Maybe, but either way I don't like them one bit.

People always make fun of me because I run around like a chicken with my head cut off until the bee is out of sight. But, make note: everybody else that just plays it easy (that I know of) has been stung. I have been running for almost 20 years, and I have yet to get stung. I am definitely convinced, and I will continue to run until I am unable.

I stopped by the fire house to check my mail and I noticed that I wasn't on the schedule for tonight. So, instead, I am going back to the apartment to attempt to start packing. Or, rather, to find something to do so I have an excuse not to be at the house.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

My dad is exactly the same way when it comes to bees. A couple of years ago he was doing the "Oh MY GOD ITS A BEE" dance and my little brother who was like 4 at the time, puts his hands on his hips and goes "Daddy it's JUST a bee." And stomps on it. My dad turned beet red and I thought I was going to die laughing.

20:03  
Blogger medic! said...

Funny stuff. It reminds me of the Clavin and Hobbes comic where Calvin swears the bee could be tracked on the Coast Gaurd's radar.

07:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click headline for top content from Firehouse.Com
The Web's Community & Resource
for Fire, Rescue, EMS & Safety