16 July 2006

Blistering Hot

Today has been ridiculously hot. And the heat is here to stay for a while. When I got up this morning around 0730 to go to church, it wasn't too bad. The radio said it was 90 degrees. I can deal with that.

By the time I was heading back to the firehouse for my shift at 1200, it was 98 degrees with a heat index of 105. I was sweating buckets.

It is odd how the weather works here, because it always feels much warmer in the evening. It was 100 degrees at 1600 with a heat index of 108. It was so hot and humid it was hard to breathe. I felt like I was sucking air through a straw.

Tomorrow is supposed to be worse. 99 by 1000. That means over 100 by the afternoon. And, of course, I am working at the ambulance company where I get to wear wonderful polyester. Yeah. I won't be surprised if our crews drop like flies.

No calls so far today. I'm sure we'll have something tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aucklandir said...

OMG how do you ppl work in that heat! Take it easy!!

22:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click headline for top content from Firehouse.Com
The Web's Community & Resource
for Fire, Rescue, EMS & Safety